One of the tools that have proved to be effective to couples as they plan their nuptials is PINTEREST. This is because it offers couples visuals of the kind of wedding that they would like for themselves.
For those of you who are not familiar with Pinterest, it is a social networking site that allows users to visually share and discover new interests by posting (known as ‘pinning’ on Pinterest) images or videos to their own or others’ boards and browsing what others have pinned.
Usually the collection of ‘pins’ has a common theme. This then makes it easier to understand why couples would be very grateful to have Pinterest since what they are looking for will definitely have been pinned by someone else before.
But is it all smooth sailing because Pinterest is already leading the way? That is why today we cover the Pros and Cons of using Pinterest for Wedding Planning.
- It helps give brides an insight into what they love and what inspires them.
- It helps inspire a vision (especially if you have not been one to always dream of your day).
- It helps you locate wonderful sites that make or sell fun detailed items that you would like to incorporate into your wedding day.
- It inspires you with creative ideas and DIY things for your event.
- We really could go on because we adore Pinterest and find that it has tons of Pros!
- Over pining- This leads to having too many ideas that eventually leads to one becoming overwhelmed with inspiration.
- You can become so inspired by luxury weddings that you become depressed about your own wedding because you feel it may not measure up to the pictures you have pinned.
- You can find something you completely love and try to copy it, and this don’t turn out right thus one gets disappointed.
- You can start moving in a specific direction for many months, then all of a sudden get inspired by a new favorite picture, and feel you have to completely start over in order to get the wedding day you REALLY want now.
- Pinterest is Addicting. With a capital ‘A.’ and with that addiction comes the fine line between harmlessly pinning a few photos and being elbows deep in wedding boards.
So what tips do we have for our Brides-to-be in regards to Pinterest?
Halt your wedding pins months before the wedding. By 4-5 months before the big day, you should already have a clear vision and at least some of your vendors in place. And whatever you do, don’t ask your vendors to recreate every detail on your Pinterest boards. Give them the chance to flex their creative muscles.
Parting Shot: Pinterest is AWESOME! Use it wisely in planning for your wedding. Let it guide you, but not define you. Let it inspire you, not lock you in. Let it be a creative outlet, not a rule book.
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your One-Stop Wedding Blog!