We are all facing economic times and this does not exclude the couples who are looking forward to saying “I DO”. Wedding are costly affairs but having one doesn’t require the couple to break a bank. On the flipside, having a well budgeted wedding does not mean that the wedding will be a flop. It just means that the couple wants to share their special day with their family and friends, while still ensuring that they can have a decent meal after their wedding day.
So, how do you save money on your wedding day? Check out the following tips.
- Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations.
- Think off-peak season and save thousands.
- Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot.
- Skip the Saturday wedding, veer from the tradition by picking a less busy day.
- Have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
- Use more greenery than flowers.
- Swap out costly flowers for something less costly.
- Stick to just one or two kinds of flowers.
- Buy flowers that are in season.
- Include non floral pieces, like seashells or fruit.
Food & Drink
- Skip the main course—you can opt for cocktails and snacks for the guests.
- Offer beer, wine and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
- Skip the champagne toast.
- Order a small one- or two-tier cake and then supplement it with a larger sheet cake.
- Keep the add-ons simple.
- Use fresh flowers, not sugar ones.
- Skip exotic fillings.
Photo, Video & Music
- Have a photographer you love but can’t afford the prices? Ask them if they have an associate shooter who will do your wedding for less.
- Opt for a smaller band.
- Hire a band or DJ who can do both the ceremony and the reception.
Lastly, unless you have an emergency that is making you want to get married like yesterday, then opt for a long engagement. Long engagements are beneficial in that they give you time to check the offers in the market and also to enables you to save without compromising on quality.
Remember, you do not have to break the bank to have a superb wedding; you just have to be willing to think through it carefully and ask for help where necessary.
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your One-Stop Wedding Blog!