Being pregnant is a beautiful thing. Now, being pregnant while planning a wedding and looking forward to walking down the aisle is also a beautiful thing but it calls for more preparation as opposed to when one is not pregnant. This is because it is not just about planning the event, but one also has to consider comfortability for the bride at all turns. This does not mean that pregnant brides should get discouraged; on the contrary, they should embrace their special day and be glad that they have that special glow that comes with one being expectant.
So what does one have to consider when getting their gown while expecting?
- Ensure you call up your bridal shop of choice, before you go over for gown shopping. This will ensure you create a rapport with them and help make your search much easier. It will also save on time and energy spent walking in and out of shops that might not have what you are looking for.
- Choose the right silhouette to meet your needs. If you are looking to conceal the bump, Empire waist dresses or Ball gowns will help you do exactly that. If you are all for flaunting your belly, ensure you get a gown that has some elasticity that will allow the dress to stretch and hug the bump while still giving you comfort as you move around.
- Always Size up your dress. Remember that your bump is constantly growing and if you fit your gown last month, it might end up being a snug fit, in the next month. The general rule of thumb is to add an inch to each measurement for each remaining month of pregnancy from now until your wedding date.
- Avoid over-accessorizing. Do not go overboard with an intricate gown or statement jewelry. Think of your bump as an oversized accessory so avoid competing with it.
- Lastly, get the right shoes. Remember that your belly is not the only thing growing but your feet are too. Take that into consideration when shoe shopping. Go for a stylish but comfortable shoe with lots of support and minimal heel height.
Do not shy away from being a stunning bride just because you happen to be a pregnant bride. Embrace the double joy and enjoy the beautiful day. The key thing through it all is comfort!
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your- One Stop Wedding Blog!