Weddings are always a costly affair and after all is said and done, the couple definitely looks forward to a lovely day and then to opening up the gifts from their guests. Usually at the end of every wedding ceremony, a vote of thanks will be given to appreciate the guests for their support, but is there more that can be done to ensure that the vote of thanks is remembered for a long time to come? Of course, there is! It comes in the form of WEDDING FAVORS!
Wedding favors are a way of saying thank you to your guests. It is a small token of your appreciation for their sharing in your memorable day. Wedding favors will be appreciated by everyone and if you get yours right, it will also be treasured for years to come.
Here are some tips to picking wedding favors that will not get left behind or tossed the morning after.
- Think practically- Take a moment to reflect, if the gift you are to get others is something you would want. Ask yourself, “Can the item be used after the wedding?” Consider favors that are practical or edible. This will avoid getting them trashed even before the sun sets.
- Avoid the Monogram– Kindly resist the compulsion to put your initials on the favors. Personalizing it can turn the gift into trash. To go round this, work with packaging. Add your personal touch through the use of bags, ribbons or labels.
- Always pick something meaningful- Ask yourself, “Does the item fit our Wedding theme?” Let your favors express your personalities as a couple. E.g. are you both wine lovers? Mini wine bottles with personalized labels will be perfect. Or you can even borrow some inspiration from the season.
- Look for something affordable- Ensure that your favors are well within your budget.
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) gifts- It might seem like a cost- saver but it is very time consuming. Otherwise, homemade gifts are a great way to show your appreciation to your guests.
- Try out your favors before you buy– This will mostly apply if the favors are edible or something that the guests will use e.g. soap. Get a sample first before you buy in bulk.
- Always Order Extra- Always have backups ready. This will help in case some get lost or broken in transit. Other guests also might take extras and you will want to ensure that everyone gets something to go home with.
- Wrap up the favor– Personalized packaging and a great display will go a long way. Let your favor packaging make a great impact just like the favor inside. When packaging edible favors, remember to get special packaging that will keep any grease from leaking and ruining the packaging.
Have fun while picking your Wedding favors and let it be a fun way of showing your appreciation to your guests.
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your One-Stop Bridal Blog!