According to Martha Stewart, ‘The music entertainment you select for your wedding or party is responsible for 80% of the events success and the memories you will have for the rest of your life’.
I don’t know if music can change a weddings’ success but I am 100% sure that it can help enhance the memories that you will be making on your special day.
From the minute the wedding procession walks down the aisle, to the music playing in the background as the couple signs their marriage certificate, to when the couple take to the floor to have their first dance as newlyweds; Music plays a significant role that cannot be ignored.
Figuring out the right songs for your wedding can be quite a challenge. Here are some simple tips on how to get those songs.
- Budget- When coming up with the budget for your wedding, do not forget to budget for music/entertainment. If getting a band, enquire if they offer all sorts of music as an all-in-one package. This might help cut down on costs.
- Pick a style- With the many different genres on offer these days; you don’t have to limit yourself to one genre. As you pick your style, be careful to let it portray your personality as a couple.
- Create a schedule- For the smooth running of everything, it is important to have a clearly detailed schedule. Indicate your schedule as you look for your band so that they know what is expected of them.
- Lastly, Double check your bands requirements– Different bands will ask for different things but the basics include a power supply, adequate performance space, refreshments, parking space and a changing room.
Keep in mind that your wedding music will set the tone for your whole day, so ensure you liaise with the band or DJ to have music that will create a festive vibe.
That said, DO NOT attempt to micromanage your band or DJ. Let them do their job which is to keep the party going, so that you can focus on busting some moves on the dance floor!
My favorite wedding songs include (but are not limited to):
- I Choose you- Ryann Darling
- When God Made You- Natalie Grant
- God gave Me You- Bryan White
- Take My Hand– Emily Hackett & Will
- The Marriage Prayer– John Waller
What are your all-time favorite wedding songs? Feel free to share them with us.
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your One-Stop Wedding Blog!