He went down on one knee and asked you to spend the rest of your life with him and you gleefully said yes! Now that the initial excitement is over and you are to embark on the wedding planning, you have no idea on where to start from.
Having a specific vision in your mind on the kind of wedding you want will make it easier to put together what kind of flowers you want, the invitations, the color scheme, the menu, music and lots more. This is whereby different wedding themes come into play.
So, how do you make your wedding different from all the rest that are happening all around you? The key is to bring in an element about you as a couple that will remind people of you. It could be a color, a special song or even a feeling that you create in your wedding. Work on using your favorite things as a couple. Ensure it feels authentic or else it might not end up portraying you.
Here are the types of wedding themes that you can work around:
- Vintage Wedding Theme: The great thing about Vintage Weddings is that they never age! All you have to do is pick an era or a decade that inspires you and run with their style. It could be the Victorian era, or the Great Gatsby in the 20’s, or even the funky retro styles of the 50’s and 60’s. Understand the era you want to exhibit and move on from there.
- Rustic Chic Wedding Theme: Rustic Chic weddings are diverse and very creative. They are filled with textures, natural organics e.g. bark and trees, patterns and other characteristic details. To be sure you are on the right track, remember these 3 things that all rustic celebrations have in common; they showcase a natural landscape, they use wood in multiple ways and they include pieces that look like they were found in your home or garden.
- Classic Romance Wedding Theme: This is the most popular theme and is the most used one. For this specific theme, more is the way to go when it comes to flowers.
- Ethnic Wedding Theme: These are all about embracing and celebrating one’s culture and traditions. This event is usually brought to life by use of Rich fabrics, stunning fashion and Jewelry. You can also express your cultural heritage by hiring dancers or musicians to perform songs that are part of your cultural heritage. The best thing about Ethnic weddings is that they present a change of pace from the more typical ceremonies due to the vastness of cultural traditions.
- Destination Wedding Theme: Want to get married with the ocean breeze flowing through your hair and the sand in between your toes? Or with the backdrop of the mountains or waterfalls to grace your occasion? Then a Destination Wedding is what you need! A destination wedding is an opportunity for couples to celebrate their marriage at a gorgeous destination of their choosing away from home. Couples get married all over the world, in stunning locales like the Kenyan Coast, Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii and Europe. You can check out our previous blog post on PLANNING FOR A DESTINATION WEDDING.
Happy Wedding Theme picking!!
Bridal Heaven Kenya, Your One-Stop Wedding Blog!